If you are interested in a position listed below, please email your resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BioProcess Institute, located in North Kingstown, RI, is seeking a skilled Administrative Coordinator to assume a variety of day-to-day office and support tasks. The person in this position will play an integral part in ensuring that this Engineering and Testing company’s operations run smoothly, in order to help its clients deliver better and safer therapeutics.
The position, above all, requires an organized, competent, mature, self-directed, and flexible professional with exceptional communication skills for this fast-paced environment. He or she must be comfortable dealing with people, able to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed, able to understand complex technical topics (or willing to request help when necessary), and willing to support technical staff when needed.
- General Business Organization
- Maintain office and laboratory supply inventory; manage shipping and receiving.
- Maintain, update, and establish office workflow procedures and templates to support the operations and ensure maximum efficiency.
- Assist in vendor relationship management.
- Office and conference room layout and coordination, including maintaining the general tidiness of the overall office areas.
- Maintain files and records with effective filing systems, including coordination of server and file archives.
- Reports/Presentations-Technical reports are the main product of the company. This position assists with report generation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and photo-editing software is a must in order to successfully compile and format these detailed technical reports.
- Assistance with company presentations, videos, and training courses: asssemble content from staff; organize content into the proper media; and maintain files to support generation of modified presentations to align with business needs.
- Assist Director in coordination of his activities and schedule.
- Provide administrative support to other team members, when necessary.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Support other co-workers with various administrative tasks (redirecting calls, disseminating correspondence, scheduling meetings, etc.).
- Proven experience as coordinator or similar role (customer service experience a plus).
- Expert knowledge of MS Office.
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable with patience, professionalism, and maturity.
- Working knowledge of office equipment.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Associate’s/College degree or equivalent; BSc/BA in business administration or relevant technical field is a plus.
- This position will begin with flexible part time hours (avg. 20-30 hours/week). Flexible hours, starting at half to three-quarter days or 3-4 days per week, average with some weeks more and some weeks less. It is perfect for someone to pick up more hours, parent returning to work during school hours, a semi-retired person who wants time for hobbies, etc., or a part time student.
- This position is key for a self-directed, mature individual seeking to work in a small business with an opportunity to help the business grow. There is a potential for growth as the business grows and evolves.
- This position will provide an opportunity to learn and become proficient with BioProcess Technology, alongside an industry expert.
Process Systems Associate
The BioProcess Institute, located in North Kingstown, RI, is looking for a skilled Process Systems Associate to assume a variety of testing, engineering and support tasks. The person in this position will play an integral part in ensuring that this Engineering and Testing company’s operations run smoothly in order to help its clients deliver better and safer therapeutics.
The position, above all, requires an organized, competent, and flexible professional with exceptional engineering, experimentation and communication skills. He or she must be comfortable dealing with people, able to carry out assignments with accuracy and efficiency, able to understand complex technical topics, and willing to support technical staff, when needed.
- Hands-on performance of process engineering experiments–Conduct experiments to simulate BioProcesses and evaluate BioProcess components’ performance. Processes include pressurized systems such as steam, hydraulic, pneumatic, and chemical.
- Process Equipment Set-up—Hands-on precision assembly of mechanical and instrumentation systems to detailed specifications in order to deliver proper process performance.
- Process Equipment Operation–Hands-on operation of computer controlled and manual systems. Verification of proper system function including basic piping and instrumentation troubleshooting, including hand calibrations and basic loop wiring verification.
- Precision physical measurements with calibrated instruments and tools.
- Monitoring of data and observations, including photography, video and microscopes, and recording results.
- Data summary and review, including summary of experimental data, through the use of tables and graphs in Excel.
- Generation of experimental conclusions for review with internal staff, and sometimes external stakeholders.
- Assisting with the generation and review of formal experimental reports.
- Equipment and Facility Maintenance-Ensure the equipment is in working order for experiments, including the use of:
- Daily Logs
- Routine Maintenance
- Instrument Calibration
- Service Coordination
- Education: a high school degree or GED is required, but a college degree, military experience or technical trade school is preferred.
- Experience with Process Systems-Candidates must have experience with steam, hydraulic and process instrumentation. BioProcess and chemical experience is preferred.
- Hands-on Mechanical Ability-Candidates must have hands-on mechanical experience and proficiency with tools. Some light lifting may be required.
- Instrumentation Experience-Candidates must have instrumentation experience, and proficiency with low voltage instrumentation loops.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency-Candidates must be able to enter data into Excel, and perform routine data summary operations, and transfer the graphics into Word and PowerPoint.
- This will begin as a part time position with flexible hours, starting at half days or 2-3 days per week on average. This position is part time during the school semester (15 hours/week) and full time during breaks (40 hours/week).
- This is a key position in a small operation with an opportunity to help the business grow. As it grows, this position’s role can evolve accordingly, and provide opportunity.
- This position will provide an opportunity to learn and become proficient with BioProcess Technology. You will work with an industry expert, and get exposure with many of the top companies in and providing components to the BioPharmaceutical Industry.
- Experience with this position will provide you with skills to help qualify you for positions in the desirable BioPharmaceutical Field.